Monday, April 4, 2016

Layout Update Mondays: Billboard and Scenery

New Billboard to, hopefully, inspire progress!
Well, after a two month hiatus, the Tribute to Springfield layout is final setup back in the shop. I worked on two quick projects over the weekend to get back in the groove on the layout. The first was a new billboard, prominently featuring the next event for the layout - this summer's National Train Show in Indianapolis, IN. I figured this would keep me motivated every time I look at the layout.

The second project was to add some more scenery details to the layout. At the show, I visited Scenic Express and purchased lots of detail items to enhance the scenery on the layout. One of my favorite items are the cattails from JTT. I had already installed one package worth on the layout in some of the drainage areas which didn't look dense enough. Hopefully, the two additional packages will help.

Cattails from JTT.