Monday, November 30, 2015

Layout Update Mondays: Young Building

The Young Building under construction.
With a shortened holiday week, the only project I was able to start was construction on the Young Building.  As can be seen in the photo above, the core of the building is 1/2" birch plywood.  Eventually, I will add a veneer of brick along with the various details needed to complete the exterior of the building.  In the meantime, I needed the core of the building done so that I could build a tray which is attached to the module for the building to sit in.  This will allow the building to be taken off when the module is moved but also allow the building to fit nicely into the scenery when placed on the module.  Once this tray was completed, I glued it in place and then started to add foam around the rest of the module which will eventually be shaped to match the topography of the area.