Monday, November 9, 2015

Layout Update Mondays: Paving Memorial Ave.

Adding drywall mesh to the road base.
Last week was a bit busy so I didn't manage to make too much progress.  The one project which I started was the paving of Memorial Avenue.  A few weeks back I had finished the landforms on the module and installed the curbing and catch basin for the road.  This week, I started with the paving process.  The first step was to add drywall mesh over the cork base.  This will reduce the potential for the roadway surface to crack in the future.  The next step was to glue in the various manhole covers and the final step was to add a base coat of Sculptamold to the road.  This took a couple of days to dry but provides a good base for the final road surface which I plan to create using drywall compound.  However, that process will have to wait until later this week...
Sculptamold applied to the road surface.
Another view of the Gate 9 entrance driveway.