Monday, December 28, 2015

Layout Update Mondays: Wiring

The underside of the MOW module section.


As I have mentioned before, I tend to build layouts a bit backwards.  Even though I have started the scenery work, I still haven't finished the wiring.  When I laid the track, I installed all the feeders I'd need, however, they haven't been connected.  Part of the reason is that I have been waiting for the control system to be constructed.  One of my friends, an electrical engineer, is in the process of building a really neat throttle system which is based upon Arduinos.  I hope to install it the first week of January.  In the meantime, I went ahead and installed wiring harnesses to connect all of the modules as well as install the two turnout motors.  Now, back to work on structures and scenery until the throttles arrive!