Friday, January 15, 2016

Figure Fridays: Bill Evans

Bill stopped by the shop to see...himself!
A big part of modeling the show will be filling the Young Building and Mallary Complex with lots of people. I'm going to try - to the extent its possible - to model people who actually participate in the show.  When I built the HO version of the Young Building, as a joke I built a model of one my friends - Bill Evans.  He is pretty popular at the show - so much so they put that HO model of him on the flyer for the 2016 Railroad Hobby Show! Given his A-list celebrity status, I figured I needed to model him again in O scale. Fortunately, the base figure I used for the HO scale model was also available in O scale from Woodland Scenics. I was able to use this figure again, paint the sweater red, and add a beard. Bill stopped by the shop earlier in the week and was happy to see he had made the layout!